Following the set of words available in the CVC Vol. 2 workbook, these “print them yourself” CVC Pocket activities are designed to give children practice spelling the words without the use of any visual “puzzle” type of clue. Children must look at the three letters given and determine which are the beginning, middle and ending sounds, and put them in the correct order. These CVC pockets also make a great tool for a guided lesson or learning center.
Words Covered in Vol. 2 Are:
• Short A (–ad), (–ag), (–ap) Family Words: bag, gag, jag, lag, mag, rag, sag, tag, wag, bad, dad, fad, had, lad, mad, pad, sad, cap, gap, lap, map, nap, sap, tap, yap, zap
• Short E (–ed), (–em) Family Words: bed, fed, led, red, Ted, wed, hem, them, Em
• Short I (–id), (–im) Family Words: bid, did, hid, kid, lid, mid, rid, Sid, dim, him, Jim, Kim, rim, Tim
• Short O (–od), (–og) Family Words: cod, log, nod, pod, rod, sod, bog, dog, fog, hog, jog
• Short U (–ub), (–ud), (–um), (–up) Family Words: cub, rub, sub, tub, bud, cud, dud, mud, hum, gum, mum, sum, yum, cup, up, pup, yup
Check out Heidi's blog for more information on CVC & Sound Blending:
-Teaching CVC Words: What to Do When They Are STILL NOT GETTING IT
-More Tricks for Sounding Out CVC Words
-How to Teach Kids to Sound Out CVC Words, Plus a Thanksgiving Freebie!
-Sounding Out Nonsense Words and CVC Words
Printable Download - $4.00
• Includes Downloadable, Digital Files (.pdf) of B/W Masters
Printable Files on Disc - $5.00
• Includes Digital Files (.pdf) of B/W Masters on Disc
All HeidiSongs materials are Copyrighted and are protected by Copyright Laws. HeidiSongs Copyright Policy: All HeidiSongs materials, CDs, DVDs, printable files or physical workbooks, are for use in ONE classroom. HeidiSongs allows you to print and/or copy as many pages as are needed for your use in your classroom. You may transfer a HeidiSongs printable file to another storage device for your own use. You may not give a copy of a file/materials/CD/DVD to a fellow teacher or lend the file/materials/CD/DVD to others for copying and use in other classrooms. You may transfer the music from a music CD to your own portable music player (iPod or MP3 player) for your own use.