How to Encourage Parents to Buy EDUCATIONAL Holiday Gifts for Their Kids! Posted on 20 Nov 19:34 , 0 comments
Getting gifts and toys that are educational and that will help kids learn at home is so important, but how is the average parent going to know what to buy unless teachers let them know? In this post, I am including a downloadable parent letter that you can print, fill out, and send home with children so that parents will know what you recommend that their children have at home to help them learn.
So how DO you encourage parents to purchase educational gifts for their children? Well, JUST REMIND THEM TO DO IT, OF COURSE! And here are some other tips:
– Tell the parents what to purchase specifically, and where to purchase it.
– Tell them when to purchase it, and make sure that it is a affordable or on sale.
– Consider collecting orders yourself and sending them in on behalf of the parents. Phone: (909) 331-2090; Email: [email protected]
– Tell parents exactly what to do with it when it comes in.
– Refer to it when parents conference with you, and thank them for following through on it.
– Consider adding a line to the paper that goes home that says, “I would like to donate some extra money to help purchase an extra gift for a needy child.” You will probably find that parents that do not have change for that twenty dollar bill will let you keep the change and donate it to a needy child.
By the way, parents! These DVD’s also make GREAT gifts for early childhood TEACHERS!!!