Reading meets Science when you give kids these fantastic little “CVC Spinners!” These optical illusion toys, also known as “thaumatropes,” are a SUPER fun way to practice making words! Kids check their work by spinning the toy and watching for the optical illusion! If the word matches the picture, they got it right! How come reading was never this much fun when we were kids? Includes simple instructions for making the spinner and using the templates, plus blanks for using your own words and pictures.
Includes 51 pages with 84 spinner puzzles for letter units - A, E, I, O, U from the CVC Vol. 1 Word Family BookWords Covered in this set include:
• Short A (–at), (–an) Family Words: Nat, bat, cat, fat, hat, mat, rat, pat, sat, vat, Dan, Jan, Nan, can, fan, man, tan, pan, ran, van
• Short E (–eg), (–en), (–et) Family Words: Meg, beg, egg, leg, Ben, hen, men, pen, ten, jet, net, pet, set, vet
• Short I (–ig), (–in), (–ip), (–it) Family Words: big, dig, jig, pig, rig, wig, fin, in, pin, win, dip, lip, rip, tip, zip, bit, fit, hit, kit, lit, pit, sit, quit
• Short O (–op), (–ot), (–ox) Family Words: cop, hop, mop, pop, top, cot, dot, got, hot, pot
• Short U (–ug), (–ut), (–un) Family Words: bug, jug, lug, mug, rug, cut, gut, hut, nut, shut
Check out Heidi's blog for more information on CVC & Sound Blending:
-Teaching CVC Words: What to Do When They Are STILL NOT GETTING IT -More Tricks for Sounding Out CVC Words
-How to Teach Kids to Sound Out CVC Words, Plus a Thanksgiving Freebie!
-Sounding Out Nonsense Words and CVC Words
Printable Download - $4.00
• Includes Downloadable, Digital Files (.pdf) of B/W Masters
Printable Files on Disc - $5.00
• Includes Digital Files (.pdf) of B/W Masters on Disc
All HeidiSongs materials are Copyrighted and are protected by Copyright Laws. HeidiSongs Copyright Policy: All HeidiSongs materials, CDs, DVDs, printable files or physical workbooks, are for use in ONE classroom. HeidiSongs allows you to print and/or copy as many pages as are needed for your use in your classroom. You may transfer a HeidiSongs printable file to another storage device for your own use. You may not give a copy of a file/materials/CD/DVD to a fellow teacher or lend the file/materials/CD/DVD to others for copying and use in other classrooms. You may transfer the music from a music CD to your own portable music player (iPod or MP3 player) for your own use.