Includes three different practice sheets, 167 pages total, for each word to reinforce sight word recognition, such as:
• Trace both whole and part of the word and then fill in the missing letters.
• Visual discrimination - circle the correct word amongst several “look alike” words.
• Write the letters of the word in boxes sized to each letter, to help children recognize the general shape of the word.
• Write the sight words in sentences with a “fill in the blank” format.
• Reading comprehension - read the word in a sentence, circle it, and illustrate its meaning.
• Mini-Songbooks include fun illustrations of the hand motions from the song.
Words Covered Are:
Zero the Hero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, about, around, but, eat, fight, find, funny, get, into, new, ride, please, pretty, saw, say, says, so, under, which.
Check out Heidi's blog for more information on Sing & Spell:
-Back from CKA, and Back to Work
-What is the best way to use "Sing and Spell"?
-Brand New: Hidden Sight Word Coloring Worksheets!
-Questions and Answers
-Teaching Kindergarten: What’s Working?
Printable Files on Disc - $11.00
• Includes Digital Files (.pdf) of workbook Masters on Disc
Printable Download - $10.00
• Includes Downloadable, Digital Files (.pdf) of workbook Masters
©Heidi Butkus - All HeidiSongs materials, including CDs, DVDs, streaming media, printable files and printed books, are for use in ONE classroom. HeidiSongs Copyright Policy is here.