This CD contains the soundtrack to a cute, little primary musical based on the traditional Ukranian folktale of The Mitten. Simple enough for Kindergarten students, but still fun for first or second graders to perform. The entire show can be completed in twenty minutes or less with costumes and sets that are easy to make, and easy to store.Characters include: Two rabbits, a raccoon, a wolf, a fox, a lion, and a bear and a mouse, Grandmother, the Grandfather, Nikki, ten "Snowflake Cheerleaders," and six "Bouncing Snowballs." The rest of the children made up the chorus.
The play is similar to the story in Jan Brett's version, but contains different animals (and of course the words are different, too!) Heidi included animals for whom she could easily make costumes. The animals can all be changed easily for your class, except for the bear and the mouse, which are essential to the story. Heidi uses the video of her kids in performance to help teach the children their parts which can be found on YouTube, then uses the Music CD during the actual performance.The Music CD includes these complete music track sets:
1) Demo Tracks - with complete music with all the voices and music
2) Instrumental Only Tracks - No voices, only music
3) Solos out - Chorus only Tracks - With background voices only to fill out the chorus for a richer performance
Heidi will often transfer the audio files from the CD to her iPod for easier control while directing the play, and have a narrator read the script.
Music CD - $15.00
• Demo Tracks, Instrumental Only Tracks, Solos Out - Chorus Only Tracks
• Printable Script and Instructions File (.pdf)
Music & Script Printable File on Disc - $15.00
• Downloadable MP3 Audio Files (.mp3) of Demo Tracks, Instrumental Only Tracks, Solos Out - Chorus Only Tracks
(*Note: This is a large file, please allow time for complete download.)
• Downloadable Printable Script File (.pdf)