These “print them yourself” CVC Pockets are designed to give children practice spelling the words without the use of any visual “puzzle” type of clue. Children must look at the three letters given and determine which are the beginning, middle and ending sounds, and put them in the correct order. These CVC pockets include the exact same pictures and words that are used in the CVC book, and would make a great tool for a guided lesson or learning center.
Includes 36 pages with 85 puzzles for letter units - A, E, I, O, U from the CVC Vol. 1 Word Family BookWords Covered in this set include:
• Short A (–at), (–an) Family Words: Nat, bat, cat, fat, hat, mat, rat, pat, sat, vat, Dan, Jan, Nan, can, fan, man, tan, pan, ran, van
• Short E (–eg), (–en), (–et) Family Words: Meg, beg, egg, leg, Ben, hen, men, pen, ten, jet, net, pet, set, vet
• Short I (–ig), (–in), (–ip), (–it) Family Words: big, dig, jig, pig, rig, wig, fin, in, pin, win, dip, lip, rip, tip, zip, bit, fit, hit, kit, lit, pit, sit, quit
• Short O (–op), (–ot), (–ox) Family Words: cop, hop, mop, pop, top, cot, dot, got, hot, pot
• Short U (–ug), (–ut), (–un) Family Words: bug, jug, lug, mug, rug, cut, gut, hut, nut, shut
Check out Heidi's blog for more information on CVC & Sound Blending:
-Teaching CVC Words: What to Do When They Are STILL NOT GETTING IT
-More Tricks for Sounding Out CVC Words
-How to Teach Kids to Sound Out CVC Words, Plus a Thanksgiving Freebie!
-Sounding Out Nonsense Words and CVC Words
For some CVC and word family SONGS, check out my Word Family Songs DVD here!
Printable Download - $4.00
• Includes Downloadable, Digital Files (.pdf) of B/W Masters
Printable Files on Disc - $5.00
• Includes Digital Files (.pdf) of B/W Masters on Disc
©Heidi Butkus - All HeidiSongs materials, including CDs, DVDs, streaming media, printable files and printed books, are for use in ONE classroom. HeidiSongs Copyright Policy is here.