This practical HeidiSongs resource is a standard for Homework Binders and is a big help tracking nightly reading activity for both parents and kids. Monthly themes are fun for the families and for kids to color!
These Editable Read Aloud Charts and Weekly Reading Charts are meant to be used as homework reading logs to help teachers hold parents accountable for reading at home with their children. In Heidi's class, she gives each child a new Read Aloud Chart each month to complete as part of their homework, along with a new Weekly Reading Chart as part of their homework. Monthly themes are fun for the families and for kids to color.
When the chart is completed in Heidi's class, the children get to choose a price from the prize box. She usually fills this prize box with donated small toys from Happy Meals, or items from the Target Dollar Section, but this can be anything, such as stickers, erasers, fun colored pencils, a special coloring sheet, anything that your students might see as a special prize!
Includes 50 pages:
- 12 Month Read Aloud Charts, themed for each month
- 12 Month Read Aloud Charts Editable, write your own instructions and decide how many books your student and parent should read each month
- Weekly Reading Chart, themed for each month
- Weekly Reading Chart Editable, write your own instructions and decide what your students and parent should be accomplishing each day in their chart
- Instructions and a Read Me First for how to edit and change the editable text