These downloadable CVC Word Family Worksheets were designed to give children more practice reading words that have the "consonant-vowel-consonant" spelling pattern. This set includes short A E I O U word families. Available as a one set or by individual vowel.
This set of CVC worksheets is designed to give children more practice reading words that have the "consonant-vowel-consonant" spelling pattern. These types of words are supposed to be "easy" for children to read, and therefore tend to be glossed over by many publishing companies in their beginning reading materials. However, children often need extended practice in sounding out these three letter words in order to feel comfortable with them. They also need a chance to practice them within the context of the sight words that they are learning. Therefore, Heidi created this resource to give children the opportunity to practice these words along with the most basic sight words, and then she added in a few more new sight words with each new vowel sound.
• Short A (–at), (–an) Family Words (67 pages): Nat, bat, cat, fat, hat, mat, rat, pat, sat, vat, Dan, Jan, Nan, can, fan, man, tan, pan, ran, van
• Short E (–eg), (–en), (–et) Family Words (53 pages): Meg, beg, egg, leg, Ben, hen, men, pen, ten, jet, net, pet, set, vet
• Short I (–ig), (–in), (–ip), (–it) Family Words (79 pages): big, dig, jig, pig, rig, wig, fin, in, pin, win, dip, lip, rip, tip, zip, bit, fit, hit, kit, lit, pit, sit, quit
• Short O (–op), (–ot), (–ox) Family Words (45 pages): cop, hop, mop, pop, top, cot, dot, got, hot, pot
• Short U (–ug), (–ut), (–un) Family Words (54 pages): bug, jug, lug, mug, rug, cut, gut, hut, nut, shut
Complete set includes 226 pages of worksheets, flashcards, and mini songbooks.
Printable Resources Include:
* Flash cards for 15 different CVC word families
* Five different types of reading worksheets plus several sound sort worksheets for each vowel sound unit
* Flash cards in large format for whole group practice, and small format for homework practice
* Worksheets with “fill in the blank” format for writing practice and “cut and paste” format for fine motor fun
* Simple, child-like pictures that are appealing to children and fun to color
* Sound Sort worksheets to help develop phonemic awareness
* Flash cards for sound sorts or games