This product contains a unique set of Power Point presentations for each of these 15 basic sight words for our youngest learners. Each sight word PPT files includes eight slides with unique song lyrics and six quick activities to help children learn the words!
This product contains a unique set of Power Point presentations for each of these 15 basic sight words for our youngest learners. Each sight word PPT files includes eight slides with unique song lyrics and six quick activities to help children learn the words! While the audio files are NOT included in this set, there is a direct link to each specific Sight Words Song video, just for the convenience of our internet video subscribers. (Subscription not included. If you are not a subscriber, it‛s no problem; just ignore the little link!) For more information on HeidiSongs internet video subscriptions, please click here.
The activities included in the slide decks are:
1. Draw the word in the air, then clap and read it.
2. Finger spell the word using American Sign Language (ASL) and then clap and read it.
3. Count the letters in the word, and show the number with fingers.
4. Tap once for each letter and clap to say the word, and then clap and read it. (You can have them tap on the table or their arms, etc. as you wish.)
5. Twist palms together once for each letter, and then clap and read it.
6. Read a sentence using the word. (There is a picture cue included, and only very basic sight words are used.)
7. Sing a HeidiSongs sight word song! Heidi recommends that you read the words to the song, and then have them sing it, either with a melody you make up or if you have any of our HeidiSongs Sight Words CDs. At that point, Heidisongs internet video subscribers may click the link to the video of the song. Those that do not subscribe would conclude the slide deck without clicking. Children will probably not notice the small link on the slide, so no worries!
Teachers may wish to add more activities or instructions for a word on any slide, including actually WRITE it with a dry erase marker! Another great activity is to have the children close their eyes, visualize it, and then spell it with their eyes closed! The instructions for each activity are printed in small type in the upper left corner of each slide, so any changes will probably go unnoticed by children who are just learning to read.
You may distribute it to your OWN students via whatever learning management system you use, such as Google Classroom or Canvas, Seesaw, etc. Please note that when you purchase You may or may not wish to display every single slide for each word, depending on your instructional goals. Thankfully, it is very easy to “hide” or just skip through certain slides in the file. Please note that this product is NOT EDITABLE beyond the ability to skip the slides you do not wish to display.
Zip file includes 15 PowerPoint files - one for each of the following words, with eight slides per word:
- A (word)
- I (word)